Your Ad Could Be Here

Hope To Make A Positive Contribution

• Noob

Hey all, I look forward to contributing in a couple ways on the site. I have been playing music (bass/guitar) for about 25 years or so. It has turned into just a hobby now (occasional live performance and some home recording) after unsuccessfully trying to make it back in my 20’s. Also, last year I started a musicians advocacy organization called MusicNomad and through this I have spent thousands of hours researching the best resources for independent musicians and have organized and ranked thousands of musician resources in 30 categories on to a free site for musicians to use. The org is my way of giving back to my passion in music and fighting for the underdog, independent musicians. So hopefully in my forum sharing, I can pull from my experience as a musician as well as my research.

• Noob

Thanks for the welcome, I am in Nor Cal. My band a few years back played with bands like Incubus and System of a Down when we were all just starting out. They made it. That is my style of play and also like ska, punk, alternative, singer-songwrite and reggae....so a wide range. Starting to get back into recording, just hooking up Line 6 this week and ordered the new Mikey from Blue Microphone that allows you to record straight into an iPod and upload it to itunes or garage band. I tried it the other day, pretty great sound for $79. Every band should record their rehearsal with it. Sell it to your fans that night!! . Got songstuff on the site!