Your Ad Could Be Here

Midi Or Workstation

Enatic1213

Hey, I'm looking for a new keyboard instrument and I wanted your guys advice. :)

I want to invest in either a Midi Controller or a Music Workstation, if you guys could fill me in on the difference between them and the different end results that would be great.

I want something that's going to sound real and rich when it comes to piano, strings, bass, drums etc.

Also something that will allow me to plug into my computer and start recording into pro tools

and something that's not too expensive. :D

thanks

Hey

Ok well simplest explanation is that a midi controller has no sounds. It is only a keyboard control interface... albeit some are very high quality keyboards with a very realistic piano feel.

A synth is a controller with in-built sounds. they can be played or controlled by an external sequencer.

A music workstation is a synth with a built in sequencer and song memory, and sometimes other features. Useful for gigs if you plan to play sequences. has the advantage that it is an all in one.... also has the disadvantage that it is an all in one! lol

here it partly comes down to your main intended use....

cheers

John

Hey

Ok well simplest explanation is that a midi controller has no sounds. It is only a keyboard control interface... albeit some are very high quality keyboards with a very realistic piano feel.

A synth is a controller with in-built sounds. they can be played or controlled by an external sequencer.

A music workstation is a synth with a built in sequencer and song memory, and sometimes other features. Useful for gigs if you plan to play sequences. has the advantage that it is an all in one.... also has the disadvantage that it is an all in one! lol

here it partly comes down to your main intended use....

cheers

John

Thanks for your reply

I really like just sitting at my keyboard and making an entire song, or most of a song from just my one keyboard, but the sound is too fake sounding. So i wanted something i can work up a song with and have it sound decent.