Your Ad Could Be Here

Keyboard For The Broke

Darlink

When my roommate moved out I'll no longer have access to a Keyboard. All I have is my brother beginners guitar, and not only can I not play it but it needs to be tuned every minute or so. So I looked on ebay and all I found where computer Keyboard down but not out I moved on to craigslist and found fenders for everyone but no Keyboard. So here I am. Where can I find a Keyboard I can a ford?

When my roommate moved out I'll no longer have access to a Keyboard. All I have is my brother beginners guitar, and not only can I not play it but it needs to be tuned every minute or so. So I looked on ebay and all I found where computer Keyboard down but not out I moved on to craigslist and found fenders for everyone but no Keyboard. So here I am. Where can I find a Keyboard I can a ford?

Kind of depends on your price range, I have bought several on E-Bay, search by brand name. (emu,e-mu) yields several. You can pick up a module and a keyboard controller fairly cheap. If you can afford it a Proteus 2000 and an X-Board is a pretty good way to go to get some serious sound. Latter if you can afford them you can add additional ROMs to the Proteus 2000 yielding an incredible pallet of sounds.

Search for Rolland, Korg, and my favorite Alesis as well.

Thanks, I'm not looking for anything fancy,just something I can plunk out a tune on at the house so I'll have a tune to wright over.

I'm nor pushing any particular brand or auction service so please don't misunderstand, but E-mu has a small piano module that can be picked up for as little as $40.00 add a cheap keyboard controller either Midiman or E-Mu or whatever and you might have what your looking for. Also saw a Proteus 1 for under 100 on E-Bay today. Older tech to be sure but quite suited to what you want IMHO. There are also often Alesis Nano-Piano, Nano-Bass and Nano-Synth modules for under 100 that when coupled with a keyboard controller could be helpful.

• 2 months later...

Talking about keyboard controllers, KORG microkey is great. It weighs 1 kg, has three octaves and is really affordable. It has mini keys but with a nice touch nevertheless - just try before you buy. As you're searching for something 'you can plunk out a tune', microkey definitely does it and more: you can program sequences, arrange songs or whatever.

• 2 years later...

What would you say, if I told you I knew of a keyboard, that's only 50 bucks, anyone can play, even comes with a microphone, and freakin turn tables.  You could be a god dang DJ.  It even has a stool.  You'd probably say I was crazy right?  Old Symph's gone nuts eh?  Well, scroll to the end of this post, and you will see your brand new keyboard in all it's glory....

y7030_b.jpgDid I deliver or did I deliver.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...