Your Ad Could Be Here

Proud To Join The Songstuff Flock!

RedSheep

Hi All

My name's Graham and I'm a musician, composer and lyric writer. I started playing guitar 8 years ago and since then I've taught for 3 years and recently started my own site for songwriting lessons and how to stand out from the crowd.

My music taste has always been an acquired one. I started on Deep Purple and moved into the town of Led Zeppelin, Guns and Roses and Radiohead, your typical teenage rock selection! Got interested in Vai, Satriani, Queen and some of the faster guys before falling headlong into Frank Zappa, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, Soft Machine and way too much prog to mention here! My all time favourite band is Dream Theater because they combine technicality, great sound and lyrics like no-one else I know.(here's hoping the new album keeps the standard high!)

My Songwriting belief is that you always have to have a twist to stand out from the crowd and get attention. The biggest selling artists(The Who, ABBA, Elton John, Genesis) all have an innate ability to write across a range of topics in a new and interesting way with every album. Comprimising your own unique thoughts and sound for what you think is the "norm" will keep you sounding just that - normal and average. So stand out, be bold and stick your neck out with something new!

I learned my lyrical side so far from Sheila Davis' book "Successful lyric writing" adapted to my own needs. It's a great book to get started on and I hope to use that knowledge to help be a critic on here, and more importantly to apply it when posting my own work on the site. I look forward to learning from you all and possibly spreading some of my good knowledge to you, it's a way to achieve immortality!

See you on the other side

Graham(a.k.a RedSheep)

Welcome aboard Graham. Great intro and I'll welcome all your feedback and posts.

When you have time, complete your profile, edit your signature (your webpage maybe?), write your about me and add yourself to the members map :)

I look forward to perhaps reading your blog on here giving tips in all areas of your experience.

• 4 weeks later...