Your Ad Could Be Here

New Project: Famous Guitar Rigs

TapperMike

Now that many folks have amp sims that can recreate famous setups fairly faithfully. I've decided to do a follow up to famous keyboard sounds, this time focusing on guitar rigs.

A guitarists career is long. They'll generally go through more then one guitar and one amp not to mention effects in a life time. So I'm going to classify by Artist first, Guitar Period, Amp and amp settings then effects/ There will be a lot of fuzziness in the details especially for details pertaining to the recording. Many artists (like Hendrix) would record with one amp and perform with another. Some simply can't remember what they recorded with. And still others have artifacts created by the recording process (console pre amps analog tape. tape speed all affect the sound)

It will be a nice "How to sound more like your favorite guitarist" thing.

The trickiest part so far is deciphering amp sim names. For trademark infringement issues Amp sim effects companies can't state Brand Name/Model. Some times It's blatantly obvious in the sim naming and sometimes it's obtuse.

Wish me luck.

If you have any contributions to provide. Artist/Guitar/Song /Amp/Amp Settings/Effects

Please post them here I welcome all the help I can get.

Thanks,

Mike

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Mike - if your familiar with Premier Guitar Magazine - online they have a feature called Rig Rundown. I just got done watching

one of Jimmy Herring (Widespread Panick, Allman Bros. etc..). They have some good artist in the library.

Edited by Jim622

• 4 weeks later...

Am watching the Jimmy Herring one now.

Thanks for that JIm. I love JH's sound.

The wife and I are going to see him on the 13th! His new CD is great!

Hes everwhere on it from Gypsy jazz, to rock, to blues.

Edited by Jim622

• 4 weeks later...