Your Ad Could Be Here

Radiohead - Nude (Cover) Please Comment :)

sfara

sfara.

You have not made any posts other than your songs.  Read the FAQ at the top of the forum and note that you should make 2 replies for every 1 post you make. You really should contribute some replies of your own on the music of others.  This actually helps others to understand what is important to you, and that in turn can make their comments about your tunes more relevant.

Also, I'm not sure this is the proper forum for Covers.  I believe this forum is more for originals.

Edited by M57

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey sfara,

I love the song Nude. I used to listen to it on repeat all day for a while. Having said that, I really like your cover of it. The best part of your singing is the style. It was great to listen to a different interpretation of this song. The part at 3:37 is especially nice and, although contrasting to the way Thom sings it, successfully conveys the powerful feeling of the song.

Going back to the beginning of the song, I think that you need to improve on hitting the right notes. Sometimes it deviates off.  For example the "and" in "And feel..." at 1:20 and the "any" in "Don't get any..." at the beginning are a little off. This is not really a big issue but it just needs a little more practice. Another improvement would be to sustain the words more at the verse. For example sustain "be" and "missing" in "there'll be something missing" a little longer. This would sound nicer.

Still, overall this is great. I enjoyed listening to you with your nice style and subtle accent. 

• 1 month later...

This is one of my favorite R-head tunes so I definitely was interested in checking it out... 

I think you do a good job with the overall feeling of the song. Thom Yorke is a tough cover because his voice just fits/blends with his songs so perfectly you know? I think you stay on target staying in tune to the song well- Just at times when you bend notes or slide up or down from certain notes there is this little edge to it that kind of stands out. The earlier suggestion with the reverb and compression might be just what is needed to smooth that out in the mix. Enjoyed listening!