Your Ad Could Be Here

How To Get Album Reviews?

My band, Burning Down The Villager has just released our first full length album "In Time", and we are searching for reviewers to see what people think of our sound, and how we can better ourselves musically.

Does anybody have any good recommendations on who we could send our material to for review? 

Burning Down The Villager - Facebook

Listen to "In Time"

Buy "In Time"

• 2 weeks later...

Do things like ... this.  Tell people about it, anywhere you think they might gather.  Including here, where you know that you'll find a musically accepting and diverse audience.

But I'm still waiting (probably forever) for Spotify's whatever-it-is to start.   Consider putting copies on SoundCloud ... maybe they're complete, maybe they fade out after 30 seconds ... and anywhere else that it is easy for anyone to very quickly start playing it.

Show-Stopper: Spotify wants me to log in?  Naah, don't wanna take the time for that.  Don't care that much .. it was just an idea.  See-ya!

Oops.

Even the slightest obstacle that stands in the way of "instant gratification" can kill the sale.  (Like, basically, Spotify just did for me.)  You've got about 30 seconds of interest, max.  You must get my speaker started!!

Also ... be careful about how you present yourself.  Don't beg.   :)  (Even if that is precisely the way that you feel!)

Alfred Hitchcock's acting advice to Ingrid Bergman:  "Ingrid, fake it!"

Nope, what you've got to offer is really great stuff and you want to give us (the world) the chance to hear it.  You're the salesman, confident in your product and confident also that you have good reason to be so.  But also:

Remember the duck principle: "Be calm and cool on the surface.  Underneath, paddle like hell!"

Edited by MikeRobinson