Your Ad Could Be Here

Kinda Funny, Hunh?

Danidog

I'm the new guy on the block for sure and am enjoying hanging out with you all and learning about writing songs.

One thing I noticed, very quickly, however. Our musicals tastes are very different. And that's not a bad thing either, be kinda boring if we were all writing the same kind of lyrics and enjoyed the same genres of music.

Some want to create something as complete as an orchestra, some write for a band in whatever style they like and then others are perfectly content with a guitar and a vocalist.

Well, that's my kinda gig, one dude or dudette doing their thing on their own. Thinking back over the years, some of the best 'concerts' I've attended were one or maybe two performers doing their thing by themselves. I could listen to Nora Jones all night long (and have), or listened to Jackie Greene any chance I get. And there are so many others, in other genres.

I guess what I'm trying to say is this. For me, its the KISS, but it's all good in the end.

Dan

Well, I was trying 'unsuccessfully', I might ad, to say that we're all different. I get it and can dig it that some people want to create a full blown production, to orchestrate and others (like me) like to use the KISS method ( acronym meaning 'keep it simple stupid'). It's not calling someone stupid, just a silly acronym. Like the other thread with the ztar,heck, I can't even wrap my feeble mind around that thing, but I can appreciate those who can, and seem to do it very well. So, I'm saying that it's pretty cool, this community of very diverse people that have come together with a common interest', but there are many different roads each of us are taking to to 'follow our bliss", as Joseph Campbell used to say.