Your Ad Could Be Here

Coty Davis

• Noob

I'm Coty Davis, I was born and raised in rural Tennessee, and I'm 31 years old. I have been writing songs and playing them poorly on guitar since I was 10 or so. I feel that my writing improved greatly in the Marine Corps and then took another bound forward within the last five years. I have little interest in the standard music industry and want to do things a little differently. I currently have a blog where I rant about lessons learned and interesting observations that I have made, as well as posts of original songs that are accompanied by a written piece about whatever was at the forefront of my mind when the song was inspired in me. I post my music real-time. When the song is finished, and the accompanying story or observation, it is posted along with the means to download it for free. I have found the real-time release method to be very challenging and exciting. I have begun collecting guest posts from other songwriters that I know personally and have appropriate recordings of their songs, so that I can cut out some of the down time between my own song posts. It has been a very fruitful and rewarding experiment that I plan to continue to adapt and adjust as I go. I am joining this forum in order to make connections and find music that interests me, as well as gather information and tips from others.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...