Your Ad Could Be Here

Audacity program

There are too many choices for a beginner IMHO. I think keeping it simple with a usb mic or simple interface is good for those who have little or no experience. Focusrite has a good reputation but there are many others that will work just as well. If you have a local Guitar Center or similar I'm sure there's someone who could further assist.

The CAD mic should work with decent software. so long as its not adjusted full on volume. Maybe 3/4 to 1/2. 

I might not make any friends on this one. I don't like Audacity for serious audio recording. I recommend any of the basic programs from companies like Cakewalk( sonar), Majix, Presonus ( Studio One) If you get an Apple the included garage band is a decent simple program that records individual tracks. If you have an iPad you can buy an interface for that and use it to record basic projects, even an iphone can do it with the right apps and interface. Don't use the internal mics :)

It really doesn't matter what software you buy so long as it can import/export a wav or mp3. They can all do that. What separates the ones I  mentioned from Audacity is ease of working/multiple tracks and added sound shaping tools designed for enhancing/improving a song as opposed to a recording.

Edited by starise
  • Like 1