Your Ad Could Be Here

Are there any good services that you can pay to take care of EVERYTHING?

• Noob

Hey everyone, this is my first post, and I plan to use this site in the future when I have time to dedicate to my own music, but for the time being I work as a translator/assistant for a composer/producer and if someone can help me with this I'd really appreciate it.

This guy has an album's worth of songs, pretty high-end, with hired session musicians, singers, choirs etc. He has music videos for most of the songs as well. Right now we're trying to release the songs and promote them, basically to try and sell them.

It's not my area of expertise, but so far I've settled on using Tunecore for the actual releasing, and today I decided we could use MusicSubmit and SubmitHub to do some not too costly promotion.

I found this site: https://www.1bestpr.com/companies/music/

And I emailed everyone on that list with a link to a couple of songs for consideration. Most replied, one saying no, everyone else said sure they can definitely work with us. When I replied, some didn't follow up. The ones that did still seem to have a very vague outline of what they do. And they're all expensive, so I can't get my employer to invest in something that doesn't clearly benefit him. I know that no service can guarantee an artist's success, but I'm looking for something serious and legit at least.

Does someone here have the experience to suggest a service that does a comprehensive, and possibly long-term promoting job? Preferably something that attempts to pitch to radio and makes some use of the music videos we have. Let's say our budget is about $1000.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Noob

Yes there are ways to get just about everything done for you some more recommended than others.

first figure out exactly what you want. If you want someone to email blogs and websites for you hire a PR company. They will be expensive. Can't blame them researching and emailing blogs is a pain in the ass. You can also get fiverr gigs to send your music to blogs although Im not sure how effective that would be since they are usually $5 and teh blogs arent tailored to your music.

Social media is the most effective form of promotion because people buy from who they trust. When someone sees your profile and checks out your past posts they can get an idea of who you are outside of your music. They can connect with you instantly therefore making them more likely to buy Focus all your efforts on social media. Find similar artists and follow their fans. And keep posting good ass music, and interacting with their fans. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think its best at the start to take care of most of it yourself. that way you not only have control of what you do but also get an idea of how the industry works. You learn what people react to and what they don't and thats invaluable. These days its so easy to start your own website, wix.com is great and then use your Facebook page to promote you material. Facebook advertising helps a lot with that and compared to other conventional advertising its brings much more rewards for $$$...

Not only that but then you save the money you would have invested into someone else doing it and put it where it matters, producing, mixing and mastering your music....

Also getting a really good camera is invaluable then you have most of what yo need to promote yourself. I do all my promo myself and it works very well when you get your head around it all.

Archived