Your Ad Could Be Here

Music FB Page for me

Lisa Gates

Hi John and all,

I decided to keep my "music FB page" and my "friends and family FB page" separate. I share music with my family and friends but my goal on my Music FB page is to network. It really has worked! I've gotten two great co-writes off my Music FB page. Now that I'm in Nashville, I like the separate pages even more so I can pick and choose events too.

I'm open to learning how to really utilize FB.

If I can add any ideas to this group, I will!

Lisa

Awesome Lisa

I think it is a better approach. When you need to, or it beneficial to, you can always still tell friends and family about your music... after all you control both.

Friends and family are not necessarily fans of your music (though they may be fans of you, your grandma isn’t likely to be naturally a death metal or gangsta rap fan! ). Bands can also be a bit spammy. Some are fine others are a nightmare.

More to the point, artists NEED to move beyond friends and family, to stop relying on those ties and relationships. Better to focus on the relationships between you and the fans of your music! True fans will go soooo much further than most friends and family. I am planning a blog post on this topic.

I will post up some info on a few core strategies for discussion in the next few days.

Meanwhile any suggestions or questions are very welcome.

• Like 1