Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey

nenopro

14 hours ago, john said:

Hey Nenopro

welcome to the Songstuff family! Great to have you with us :) Glad you are liking the forums too!

Cheers

John

Thank you. One short question, how can i edit my signature, i could not find it in the settings.

Hi Nenopro,

Looking forward to seeing you on the boards!

I'm not sure if you have to post a certain amount of times before you can add your signature line.

I couldn't remember where it was so I went to my profile and the drop down menu for Account settings and it was in there.

All the best,

Lisa

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Welcome Nenopro!  I'm new here too, and haven't even posted my own introduction yet, but I'm having the same trouble finding where to set my signature.

I found this on the support page:

It says there should be a tab for the signature on the Account Settings page, but it's not there for me.  Did you have more luck?

2 hours ago, Robert Webb said:

Welcome Nenopro!  I'm new here too, and haven't even posted my own introduction yet, but I'm having the same trouble finding where to set my signature.

I found this on the support page:

It says there should be a tab for the signature on the Account Settings page, but it's not there for me.  Did you have more luck?

I think the threshold is 5 posts before you can add a signature. It could be 10, I will check to confirm. We added this to address a problem with spammers who would join, make a couple of safe posts in busy topics, wait until their reply had dropped and then add a signature full of spam links. Making this change pretty well stopped it cold. The way spammers work is that if one gets away with something on a forum, a week later 20 do it, a week later it’s 200... so better this than drowning in useless posts from drive by posters leaving spam links

9 hours ago, john said:

I think the threshold is 5 posts before you can add a signature. It could be 10, I will check to confirm. We added this to address a problem with spammers who would join, make a couple of safe posts in busy topics, wait until their reply had dropped and then add a signature full of spam links. Making this change pretty well stopped it cold. The way spammers work is that if one gets away with something on a forum, a week later 20 do it, a week later it’s 200... so better this than drowning in useless posts from drive by posters leaving spam links

Ah OK, thanks for the tip.  It says I'm on 4 posts now, so I guess this will be 5 and I'll find out soon enough!

Thanks,

Rob.