Your Ad Could Be Here

Hey

UhMe

• Noob

So... 

Hey?

Lol. I hate making intro posts. I feel awkward.

I've not really done much with music in a couple of years. Life eats a lot of time unfortunately. But I'm hoping to get back in the swing of things. 

I am a writer and guitarist mostly, inspired primarily by 90s grunge, a healthy dose of 60s and 70s rock, some blues, throw in some folky music and sprinkle with some modern pop.

Don't know what else to add, but there you go haha

• Like 5

Hey UhMe!

Welcome to Songstuff!!  Your intro post was fair enough! It was actually quite great I should say! ^^

We have pretty much in common the style of music we like! I hope you can have motivation and music buddies here to get easier and faster in that "swing of things" :)

What are you expecting from the site? Do you want to make collaborations or things like that? Or you are more willing to get some feedback from your music and help others in theirs?

I hope to see you in the boards! It's great to have you around! ^^

• Noob

I would definitely be open to collaborations. Especially in terms of mixing etc. Thats definitely my weakest skill. Although I never worked with someone long distance. Would be interesting. :D

But don't really have much in the way irl to bounce ideas and test ideas on. So I guess thats my primary goal to get from the site. And of course give that same courtesy to others.  

• Like 2

That's a really great attitude! I was not expecting to make collabs when I first joined the forum, and now they've became one of my main hobbies! And this kind of activities helped me to learn a lot whilst having a lot of fun!

I hope you can "go for a walk" around the boards and start feeling home! If you have any question feel free to reach us and ask! ^^

• Noob

Well, uh... Actually I do have a question. 

I can't create new topics in most parts of the site. I saw somewhere that limitations were set due to spam reasons. Is that one that will just go away? Or am I doing something terribly wrong. The layout here is a little different than I'm used to. 

Thanks in advance for any and all help. :)

• Editors
3 hours ago, UhMe said:

Well, uh... Actually I do have a question. 

I can't create new topics in most parts of the site. I saw somewhere that limitations were set due to spam reasons. Is that one that will just go away? Or am I doing something terribly wrong. The layout here is a little different than I'm used to. 

Thanks in advance for any and all help. :)

I'm not sure if Michan has already sent you a mail about this but just wanted to give you a heads up. Some forums open up for posting for new members only when a minimum post count is reached. The software has been set up that way just so that we can avoid new members who maybe spammers misusing the boards. Not that you are a spammer at all. :)  It's just how it's been set up for all new members. If I remember right, the minimum post count for those boards to be accessed was 15 or 20.

Hope you'll continue to stick around the boards and use those that you can. If you see any issues after that, do PM me or Michan or any of the staff members and we'd be happy to help.

Welcome aboard btw !

• Like 1

• Noob

@Mahesh

I appreciate it. Michan did clear it up for me. :)

@ImKen

I am liking it so far. I might be able to recommend some, but if you mean my own, mean my own, not really. I haven't recorded anything in a long time. I shyed away from it becaus. I never could get it to sound right.  I may have a really old recording of a cover i did of Seven Nation Army on my phone haha. But thats it.

And everyone I appreciate the warm welcome and its nice knowing there are some people here with similar music tastes as mine. :)

• Like 1