Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello hello !!

Jonofwalk

I was searching for a forum for songwriters and this is what I found. I'm what most would consider a "Millenial", though you could call me an "X"-ennial".. which means .. I played outside yet still know how to turn my ideas into realities using the technologies available to me in the early part of the 21st century :) .. I'm 32 as of this post. My name is Jonathan. I grew up mostly at the Jersey Shore, which is where I went to High School and some College. I've been playing guitar all of my Life. I'm ok at it. I'm more on the creative side of music than I am the technical virtuoso side of things. That's where I shine. the music of the Beatles stands out the most to me. There shiny little pop tunes are more my flavor than any other Rock Band as well as there early dance rock songs. Everything from the psychedelia to the early stuff appeals most to me than any other Rock Band, so.. Beatles all the wayyy… lol....  I have a couple of albums out already myself that have gotten reviewed pretty well.. pretty cool ! I'm all about the critics man... some people aren't but I dig the critics.. I think they know what's up more than we give them credit for :) all pretentiousness aside lol  

In any case you'll see me on here commenting and chatting.. .I'll be sure to introduce my music in the proper place as soon as I find out where that is hahaha PEACE jON of walk :);) 

• Like 2

Hi @Jonofwalk!

Welcome to Songstuff!

That was a cool intro. Here another X-ennial of your age, in my case writing lyrics and singing, and trying my best to help other indies to get better whilst having a lot of fun on the way meeting really nice and like-minded people. Here in Songstuff we help each other to improve, critique and  providing feedback to others are one of the basis why the community works. I am very happy to have you around with all that energy and good vibes. It will be coooooool!

The best place to post music, if they are final works is Showcase and Finished Works. But if you have some WIP and you want others to have a listen and tell you their opinion on how to improve it, if possible, you should go to Draft Song Critique if it is about the melody, lyrics, arrangements and so on, or Song Critique if it´s about final final work (recording, mix & mastering wise). For posting one work here you have to get this intro post (A+ on it!) and provide feedback to two other artists that have posted on that same board.

I hope this helps as a basic intro manual! If you have further questions let us know!

See you around the  boards! :)

• 2 months later...

Great to hear. Online communities of any kind are very much about getting more out of a community by participating and putting more in to the community. Of course there are other factors, but that is fairly universal. That includes social media, and forums are a type of social media.

I look forward to hearing your music! 

• Like 1