Your Ad Could Be Here

Newbie On Board

Hi!!

I've written my 1st poem at the age of 6 (according to Mom), my first lyrics at the age of 8, and my first lyrics in English at the age of 13 or something like that.

Got back into songwriting a couple of years ago when finishing Uni, and now have two piles of bits and pieces, and the occasional 'good' lyrics or songs, mainly pop/rock, some rock, the occasional punk/rock, blues or jazzy, or even 'purely commercial' just for laughs, most of which still need the 'final touch'.

I sing, play the guitar a bit, and have tortured the synth some (my true love is the piano, but so far unrequited). I really do want to be in a band but somehow haven't gotten round to that yet.

Have recently been given a mic stand and an ancient 'mix' machine which I am not quite sure what to do with. [smiley=acoustic.gif]

Am currently writing a novel and some short stories, and hoping to get those piles in order and do something with the songs!!

Will post some probably very silly questions too!! & I hope you won't mind answering!!

Lots of snow here too. Even the postman didn't get through today!!

Thanks!! (hug back!)

I'm sometimes a bit silly myself :P

Well, I'm actually talking to someone about being in a band, we'll see how that goes.

I'm a bit weary about giving my best lyrics to anyone, though.

The good idea would be to write more.

Currently I'm in a very small town, and I'm *shy* (that's the main problem). Of musicians mainly.

I've dated one once but that didn't go too well either. :closedeyes:

Any advice on being in a band - what to do and what not to do etc.?

If I actualy do start working with these people, what to watch out for etc.

Thanks!!

Any advice on being in a band - what to do and what not to do etc.?

If I actualy do start working with these people, what to watch out for etc.

Thanks!!

Umm, don't date them, any of them, Musicians are no good. Seriously tho, dating someone in the band can only lead to ruin.

As far as Lyrics go, it would be best to write new ones for the project, but as long as you have posted your Lyrics online (like here), that can work as a poor man's person's copyright. As long as you can prove you had them first, you win. Of course sometimes the legal battle will leave you beat down and frustrated. Like you said, best to start anew. [smiley=bounce.gif]

We can always use another silly Soul around here

Umm, don't date them, any of them, Musicians are no good. Seriously tho, dating someone in the band can only lead to ruin.

Ha ha, I'll try not to :P

It brought fame and fortune to No Doubt though :-[

And Abba. [smiley=bounce.gif]

Yeah, I'm going to go with the new lyrics. The old ones are completely different style anyway.

Haven't posted them online, I'm a bit weary of that too.

Guest voclizr

Welcome Andreya;

There are a lot of good and creative people here on this board. Check in often. You won't be wasting your time!

John B. :D

Thanks for the welcome!

It's *Andreja* in my language but I 'internationalized' it! :D

Bunch of Andrejas here, anyway!! (Only 1 Andrea that I know of, and she was born in Germany)

I'd love to post some of my stuff one day ... but am not completely sure how this might affect copyright etc.

If the songs haven't found a home yet or the band agrees, it's okay? It might affect chances to get performed by another band/singer, though, or not? Some festivals here also have the rule that a song shouldn't be performed anywhere publicly..

Copyright is very strict when it comes to literature, so I don't put any stories I want to be 'serious' with online (and I heard this as a rule too). There's also the (probably very irrational) newbie fear of things getting into wrong hands... if they're <i>good<//i>. And I don't want to burden anyone with crap!!

Anyway, many are in my language, so I won't bother you with that at all :P

I'm a better lyricist than composer...

• 2 weeks later...
Never listen to guys named Steve. They're tricky and only want you for your beer.

HAHAHAHAHA....Either that is really funny, or it just hit me funny?

and it hit me funny?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't think getting hit by anything is funny...

• 3 weeks later...

LOL You guys are hilarious!! /In a good way. - err... I hope! :-[ /

I will be extremely careful with guys named Steve... and may or may not buy them beer :P

according to great info or sound they'd provide.

They're pretty scarce here in Slovenia, so I'm pretty safe so far... :P We have good beer though! [smiley=beerchug.gif]

rdb - what if you get hit on by a gorgeous blonde? [smiley=bounce.gif] And she slips on a banana peel and falls into your embrace? e.g. After she has smashed all beer from the bar table. And her boyfriend hits you in the face with a banana pie? /imagine slapstick comedy/ Wouldn't that be considered funny? Uhm, if it were done by Charlie Chaplin or so---

Not implying I am blonde!!