Your Ad Could Be Here

October 22,2020

Since I'd be doing it everyday thought of writing date in the topic. Is that good or bad?

So this is what I came up today

The first half minutes

Swear could have died 

with your looks 

The gleam in your eyes

makes me forget everything

ughhhhh

remaining minutes something changed and I came up with this

The music's getting loud

No way I'll back off now

Catch the beat 

Move my feet

Dance the way I want 

Move my hips 

13 hours ago, fasstrack said:

It's the beginning of something, but it would have to be more fully realized for people to effectively comment on.

Why not try writing off that date in the title and see what happens?

Just give out random topic?

1 hour ago, fasstrack said:

No. I meant find something to write about that comes to you about October 22, your thoughts; your day that day; a made-up story. Just use it as a home base...

Ohhh Thank you now I am clear. So I will write whatever comes lyrically that day? Something like that?

On 10/26/2020 at 7:08 AM, Patchez said:

@Anaezia I am not sure if I mentioned how that 5 min write thing came to be a thing, well with me and some others. (This relates to your question, and my "point?" below) ...  anyway..., -- It was, or rather, is my morning coffee and news watching. -- The results of it.

From the headlines and topics I would freeform, flow of thought, -- write. Some was pure flow, some reaction, some a record of reactions and topics, many times complete songs might come out. 

Over time, at this other place, where that kind of writing has some regard, -- it got labeled as 5min-morning-mourning-writes, where I'd write-right-rite :) which really annoys some folks, hahhh, -- another discussion. The morning news headlines for a few years were wretched and rediculous and very reactive, -- so good writing material prompts. 

Your morning routine, is your morning routine and may change over time or you might deliberately change it. There's only so many hours in a day, and remember changing, -- even when I got up in the morning, but to then specifically get an hour or so in of "somthing" I needed to do, -- often to read 500 page tech :) hahhh... something you can relate to I'll suppose. 

So, my point in reverse, it's coming, -- that would be the "Induction" part ;) if you got that (communication) book? hahhh, above versus "Deductive" 

For me, there is no good or bad, there is just what you do and then see what comes of it. If there is a template to "Follow", -- I haven't seen it; yet. Stuff I've been shown (as good to do?), -- looks more like bad ideas than templates. 

A Title can do things, or not, or not having one, is -- an interesting thesis too. Hahhh, a book with a blank cover, just starts! We have books with no text.  Some would be better with no text.

So, in how I read this "The first half minutes" as "literally" (beyond the message in the song I may imagine into), I have upon becoming "awake", -- wrote down first thoughts.
(If what you did or not ?... my way of "reading/imagining" into it.) 

So since in "Songwriting" forum, (I may have to go to the home page for this forum to read it's topic parameters...), however, if ideas of how-could vs how-to those are two elements above that fold into your question and two lyric snippets, -- my impression of them/it

I would think that's why we're "here" to imagine into thoughts or simply "thesis statements" -- which of course by their nature are not developed in anyway, purely supposition for rhetoric. If it's finished work, what's to comment? Like/Not and that's about it. 

Consider a collation of similar to yours  here (as come to mind in this moment)..., e.g., Taylor Swift "1989", and was it? "22" (her age, if even wrong, same thing)... there's a book "1984" and a movie room "1408" and an old TV show "Room 222" so, to have a daily song title as the Date, -- why not. It could be an album, or EP, say a week prior to something (wedding, funeral, graduation, birth... etc.), or after, -- and during those five  days, generate a song (or fragment), and that is developed (almost sounds like a song "challenge"). 

Well, the "12 Days of Chrismas" just flew into my mind... 

Tso, derUgo! ... or not, as you like :)  -- ignoring it is fine too! 

Now I gotta go to the root of this URL and read the rules if even think I answered a direct question... just to make sure. 

Thank you.And and can I continue writing it in this thread? Like every day 5 min I will continue adding.

12 hours ago, Patchez said:

Yes, it's why it's here. 

I mean, we can stay in messaging :) hahhh... and some should be there only. However, since "this" paradigm of "doing it" (showing fast writes works), does not otherwise exist here, more or less, so to speak... I created this open thread. It was not to "display" "my" work, but what can be done "like this". And so if you paged back (not saying you should)... you'll see just that, 5 min (or so, less even) works and then "launched" from there. (No rules, so to speak, but then, as it proceeds, the other WIP's are there :) here.)  

-- For me, Cody, anyone, you... 

If it then evolves, or devolves ;) into a BIAB plastic loop track, well, then, there are those then forums for that to proceed with.  But the seed point is here. How many ideas get canned, forgotten since "not good enough"? Man, I found many "nuggets" when was not in my "work" mind, "family" mind, but then later in my "creative" mind -- again that I was glad I HAD saved.  -- Then, became songs. 

My usual speal on this, since have time, -- yes to the above, do it, but if need that fine point grinding :) 

-- I don't want to grind to fine a point here ;) but, -- "free flow" is where it all comes from. If one works in a "jingle house", even, then, -- no free flow of thought, krappe spewing, and only stiffeled "method" and "formula" and gotta be... isms does not provide good service to "noobs" as they are called here ;) hahhh (not my label, but the one here). So a noob shows up and even their first landing place? (not likely but could happen)... and they see zxy-has-to-be method. 

-- And then what happens? 

So, look at yourself if you might... how long did you have your first guitar... and for some reason... proceeded and then landed here. 

-- And then what happened? (Rhetorical... purely rhetorical) 

So, I'll leave it there :) 

If it helps you, and you do several a day and want to "work" here... well, sure. Put, many (authentic) fragments or whole songs as they come.  (Hahhh, I have stuff I immediately delete... once I see it "out of my head"... well, that's part of it too. And, it sounded sooo good in my head too!! :) )

For prior e.g., me, prior to deleting my FaceBook account actually worked in that (competely locked down, not for friending... etc.) ... I worked in that account since could be Up and resident in the Browser (while "working-working"), and to other things. Through my day, I'd tab over and - jot down the ~ chunks ~ . If I did not, I'd regret it. And since not into humming into my phone, then another separate file to track, just happened to evolve into the Audacity -isms I do. (It just sort of happened over time (years) and after many "how-to" advice  -isms.) 

-- What then happened, since I have to much "paper" otherwise, is then, every so often, or especially after a project I'd go down the very linear path of posts and make sure what I wanted was then developed, copied over to a working song book etc.. I always found one or more I forgot I wrote. I'd even then post a delete/keep it? post... and get feedback, "yeah, has a something, keep it, develope it"... and I have songs I then listen to several years later and am like, -- I wrote that? (This is all about "self fulfillment" not ego.) The thing is, if YOU don't feel that way about IT... who else will? Why should they? (Like Mom's cooking versus McDonalds... a burger is a burger, eh? No.) A well crafted song, and there are many are great.... but there are MANY 15 min long rule breakers, just rule breakers, now new trends... and got here, how? 

Like anything, if it works for you, wonderful. If not, -- Okay :) Some folks take Ibuprophen, others Acedominiphine... potato - tomato :rtfm: :jumping17: 

[fight the establishment! ;) fight the "man"... :) fight songwriting tyranny!! [smiley=SHOCKED2.gif] ] Write, Right, Rite! 

As you see/saw, you actually got a years worth of music-theory but you didn't know it... you're figuring that out :) hahhh. Ahhh, you knew that was coming... and you did it in a week -ish? 

You're like a brain sponge :) 

Thank you. 

Please use a forum-topic title that tells me whether I should click it.  I'd hate to miss-out on something wonderful because you failed to "advertise" it! 

Archived