Your Ad Could Be Here

Podcasts about SONGWRITING

Hi all.

Everyone here will have different skills, strengths, experiences, musical tastes, etc., and each of us probably looks for different things from podcasts.   Personally, for music discussion, I like hosts who are easy on the ear and ask good questions, and make guests feel sufficiently comfortable to offer insights from their own experience.  

Here are three podcasts on songwriting that I like which may be of interest to you.  Just search for them on any good podcast app (plus I've provided links to their websites).

1. Sodajerker On Songwriting.  200+ eps.  Two guys from Liverpool meeting with top-line commercial guest artists (McCartney, Elvis Costello, Jeff Lynne, etc.).
https://www.sodajerker.com/podcast/

2. Songwriter Trysts. 125+ eps. An Australian woman and aspiring Country singer-songwriter who talks to fellow artists who are climbing the professional ladder.

https://www.songwritertrysts.com/

3. Your New Favourite Song.  25 episodes (but nothing new from April ... Covid?). Another Brit journeyman musician talking to new independents about their work.

https://www.theennrons.com/podcast

Please REPLY with any others that you can recommend.

Greg
(Australia)

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • Editors

I love Sodajerker!

I'm gonna check out the others that you've mentioned. Thanks for these Greg!

Here's a few other I really enjoy

Song Exploder : It's wonderful to hear the journey of a song from start to finish from the original artist themselves. I posted a topic about this podcast (it's also a Netflix series now). Definitely worth watching! 

Holistic Songwriting : I really like the way Friedmann looks at song writing and how he analyses and breaks things down with good logic with simplicity. His Youtube channel is a lot more popular than his podcast though. 

Ear Opener: It's quite astonishing to me how few subs this YT channel has given the kind of musicians and professionals have been featured there. And the broad range of videos on contemporary songwriting concepts - invaluable knowledge.  Ear Opener - YouTube

On 9/24/2021 at 4:15 AM, Mahesh said:

Holistic Songwriting  &  Ear Opener

Thanks Mahesh - will give these a go :)