Your Ad Could Be Here

How can i reproduce this sound?

• Noob

Hi 👋 i'm alex .i'm new here .happy to find you. I want help for the identification of a chords / strings instrument, it's in the beginning of the youtube video :  https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxTF7iLeLH628s6-Fgtlh4v_e90jUTaXnS

I think it's an oud but which amplifier should i have for the effects/modification on the instrument ?(for live playing)

Hi Alexo

Almost definitely an oud. It has a pretty distinctive sound. Effects wise it sounds like a simple delay with a one or two repeats and a light hall reverb. Nothing too complicated. :) Otherwise there is a backing of waves and sea birds.

What are you recording it for?

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, alexo slayer said:

Thank you john!🙂 i'm impressed  help was so fast here.

I want to reproduce the sound live ...

What kind of amplifier(with aux for recording from there to a device) and pickUp(for the oud) should i buy ?what are you suggesting?

That’s a whole load of recording decisions made there! If you use a pick up you will lose the acoustic qualities of the oud. Is there a reason why you are not record using a microphone?

• Thanks 1