Your Ad Could Be Here

I've tried a lot of free apps and online sites for creating stems, which eventually led me to pay for Izotope's RX7 for its Music Rebalance and Steinberg's SpectraLayers.

However, mvsep.com has become my goto. And it's free! Even my paid apps can't get stems as clean. There's a number of algorithms to choose from, too many to try them all but I've used the demucs3, MDXB, Ultimate Vocal Remover and UVR5 - there are sub-sections for some of them but I usually stick with the default. Output to 320kbps mp3, wav or flac. Which algorithm works best will depend on the song but the Ultimate and UVR5 seem to get the cleanest vocal stems.

While I'm on the subject, a quick tip for drum stems, which I use often: Compressor/limiter to even out the volume, which helps when you add a noise gate to eliminate artefacts between the beats, then a little reverb to replace what you've cut with the gate.