Your Ad Could Be Here

Led Zeppelin

12 minutes ago, Jac said:

Im having a Led Zeppelin day..l saw Robert Plant live in  June 1990, we had front row seats..amazing

I’m a big Zep head. You and I seem to share some similar taste! Zep were a powerhouse of heavy rock, folk-rock, prog rock and more. The influence of jazz on John Bonham produced such a rhythmic blend, making him one of the most influential drummers of all time. The level of musicianship was amazing. Funny to think Robert Plant was just 19 at Zep 1. I think Bonham was a similar age. I still regularly have Zep days!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, john said:

I’m a big Zep head. You and I seem to share some similar taste! Zep were a powerhouse of heavy rock, folk-rock, prog rock and more. The influence of jazz on John Bonham produced such a rhythmic blend, making him one of the most influential drummers of all time. The level of musicianship was amazing. Funny to think Robert Plant was just 19 at Zep 1. I think Bonham was a similar age. I still regularly have Zep days!

yes, my husband  saw  Led Zeppelin live at  Knebworth 1979 and l saw Robert in 1990. It was then that l wanted to learn guitar after that concert.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Jimmy Page was my guitar hero for a long time. Zeppelin were the first band where I really wanted to learn every guitar riff on every song on every album. I loved that they could create something like The Rain Song and then be completely heavy with something like Immigrant Song. I love band that have range like that. They are few and far between these days. Zeppelin was way before my time but I did get to see Jimmy Page tour with the Black Crowes. Chris Robinson was a perfect Plant stand-in and did his own thing with the vocals. Was very cool.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Very versatile and unique band we'll never see the likes of again. I've always regarded John Paul Jones as their secret weapon, owing to his instrumental and arranging skills. 

My fave tunes include:

Good Times Bad Times 

Ramble On

Immigrant Song 

Friends

Misty Mountain Hop

Four Sticks

When The Levee Breaks

The entire Houses of the Holy album

Ten Years Gone

Kashmir

In The Light