Your Ad Could Be Here

A belated hello

I was asked to pop in to this portion of the forum to introduce myself. I guess I should have done this before I posted any of my work...silly me!

I am a general manager of a loan company in Huntsville, Al. I work alone, so I find myself with a little free time to explore other interests which include writing and photography. I am a 40 year old mother of 2 teenagers (which in itself gives me lots to write about..lol) A great deal of my writing comes from past experiences, as I was one of the unfortunante ones that was thrown away to strangers at the tender age of 5. I don't hold it against my mother. She was only 13 when she had me and in retrospect I know I was better off. I was raised in a christian home, had parents who set certain standards for me and I did ok for the most part. The beginning was where most of my bad memories come from. I can remember going to bed at night and I would lie there awake wondering why my mother didn't want me. It was a horrible feeling, so when I became a mother, I vowed that my children would never EVER have to go through one night of not knowing how I feel about them. They wouldn't want me saying this, but I still tucked them in bed at night and told them I loved them, until they were 13 years old. I decided that as a child, I had no control over my life, but when I became an adult, I had every power to be the person I wanted to become. I didn't use my sad childhood (early on) as a crutch to get by in this world. I have come to the realization that if what I went through as a child has made me a better mother, then I would do it all over again. I always wanted to JUST FIT IN. I didn't want people looking down on me, or feeling sorry for me (which is what I got alot of in school) I was even placed in special education JUST BECAUSE I was a foster child. Ok, I could write a book about my life, but I will end by saying I am so glad to be apart of this family forum. I enjoy reading everyone's work and I appreciate the overflowing support from each of you.

TO THE WORLD YOU MAY BE JUST ONE PERSON, BUT TO ONE PERSON YOU JUST MAY BE THE WORLD!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome.

I don't play any instruments, and as for singing, well the only person that loves to hear me sing is my daughter. She thinks I have the soothingist (is that a word) voice she's ever heard. I tell her it's just because I"m mom! but I do love to sing and write. Of the three, writing is my best asset. I will leave the others up to the ones with the true talent. I have a few of my songs demo'd. I work with a guy that has his own studio. He writes music (and sings), I write lyrics so we work pretty good together. I haven't done much with the demo's as I mostly do it for the love of it. If you'll notice for some odd reason I tend to write songs that would be more appropriate for a male to sing....guess that's because of my music partner.

Merry Met Sharlett [smiley=bounce.gif]

Thank you for the trust you show in sharing so much of yourself here!

I too would Love to hear what you guys have put together, if possible, if not I understand.

Namaste'

John Nightwolf

born in Montgomery, partly raised in Dothan/Mobile/Huntsville

Archived