Your Ad Could Be Here

Mixbus 32C V4 Released

Mixbus 32C is a faithful emulation of the Harrison Mixbus mixer used on countless chart topping albums. Though it can work like a daw, I see it more as a plug in that accepts tracks, though it is possible to mix in it, the GUI is still clunky. . Many people who use it mix in one daw and export their tracks unmastered into MB32C. Mixbus adds the vibe of that console including EQ's all the way down to the electronic noise. The combined effect of the internal summing is something many desire.

Version 4 has just been released with many enhancements.

http://sites.fastspring.com/harrisonconsoles/product/mixbus32c4?coupon=MB32C-UPDATE

There are several other ways to get a similar effect without buying mixbus. Whether or not one of these alternatives appeals to you is purely subjective. If your daw has console emulation it is possible to get a similar effect. In addition companies like waves and Overloud have released summing mixer emulation as a plug in. To me this seem much simpler than exporting tracks into another daw, but that's me. Different strokes for different folks.

How much of a difference there is between using on board mixer emulation, vst plug in mixer/tape emulation and Mixbus 32C is subjective and open to debate.

Nothing else exactly emulates the Harrison like this does. The demo is free to try. If this looks interesting give it a try!

Archived