Your Ad Could Be Here

Bpi And Tiscali At Odds

I think I can safely say that I care not one jot! I don't use that stuff (anymore) and don't forsee starting to anytime soon - as long as Fedora (Linux) doesn't become purely P2P distributed!

I'm not sure I agree completely, as there's a lot of open source software that is distributed via these networks, sometimes exclusively I believe, and it would suck for them to have to switch to paying for/arranging severs to distribute their software... Especially as some of these programmes aren't used enough to really warrant it, so that the makers probably wouldn't even bother... But at the same time there is one HELL of a lot of copyright infrin.. No, copyright ignoring on these networks which I don't see the 'industry(s)' involved letting go, so this is the simplest method of dealing with that...

Having said which, it wont stop anything really, as the P2P prgrammes will just start hiding themselves, maybe by using different lines of communication or something (I'm fuzzy on the detail,s not being a interweb geek, but I read something about it somewhere...), so it's just the industry doing SOMETHING so that they're not NOT doing anything I guess...

Wow, that was a lot to say about something I don't really care about!! Lol...

Rohan