Your Ad Could Be Here

Carillon and other turnkey PC recording systems

Mathew

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I too had a l lot of aggro with one of their systems. They were not keen to admit liability instead blaming the courier and describining ny experiences as unlucky. I'm guessing that you are from the states whereas as I bought mine from their London outlet. The Audio PC is a complex piece of kit and it can be hugely frustrating when things don't work. But the idea is that you go to the "experts" to deal with all the techie stuff for you. The problem arises when the company will not accept responsibility. Has anyone else had any problems with Carillon. If so is there anything that can be done?

Mathew

I have been intending to write an article about my experience, but have been delayed by numerous things. It will complete it soon though. Maybe you would like to do the same? You could detail your entire machine. Maybe there might be an easy solution.

I had a problem on my laptop recently where odd things were happening including sluggish CPU response. Turned out I was infected by the W32. sasser virus. One download from Microsoft later and the situ was resolved.

Best

Well I had to send it back to Carillon for fixing. We couldn’t do it all over the phone apparently. That meant mailing it back to the East coast. That would take awhile. Man I was really disappointed. I paid all this money for this computer and I won’t be able to use it or even so it for another month or so.

It was that long and more…I got my computer back and it was doing the same type of things after about 2 months or so. We did the phone thing again, that got nowhere fast for weeks on end. Still not able to use my computer like advertised. They were saying things like, maybe you need to change from Windows 98SE to Windows XP. I said why you install Windows 98SE was that wrong. No they said, we just think it would run better. Oh I said. So shouldn’t you have installed that the first time? No response. They were also asking me question like, why did you get SCUSI hard drive in your computer. I said I was told that they were the fastest drives to have and are what serious guys use. I trusted the sales man. You see there were not more than two people that new much about SCUSI systems and Pro Tools LE (my main recording program) They said things like you should have just gotten IDE hard drives that would have been great. I was disheartened by the inconsistency of my recommendations. Again I was made to look like a fool that didn’t know anything. That was hard to deal with because I came to carillon because I didn’t know anything about this stuff. They are the experts not me. I thought….. So I had to send it back to Carillon again for them to fix it once and for all said Gil. I asked for a completely new computer and was told no we never do that. Bummed out for sure.

It is a horror story really. Were it me in your position, Those salemen would have a REALLY REALLY REALLY hard time. Oh, no physical agression... but psychological, yes, indeed. I would do everything to put them out of business, permanently. And try to hinder the boss and his employees from getting another job afterwards, if they do not repent.

Why not ask John to put a banner you could create, something that would warn consumers against Carillon? The banner would link to this thread or a web page containing all the horrific experiences consumers had with Carillon. Then invite the Carillon boss to check it out.

John who? How do I get in contact with him?

Well it has now been 2 weeks from the date of that letter, still no real help. My computer is still down...I guess I can't blame all the waiting on Carillon, well because the Pres. of the US didvision was over seas right when my problem happened. He just got back last Thursday, he said he will do what he can. I said what does that mean, your the PRES. of your company...You can do anything you want!!! We shall see. I am hopefull the have been nice. But if some action doesn't happen soon. Well nice will not calm me any more,...ya know what I mean.

Matthew

John who? How do I get in contact with him?

Well it has now been 2 weeks from the date of that letter, still no real help. My computer is still down...I guess I can't blame all the waiting on Carillon, well because the Pres. of the US didvision was over seas right when my problem happened. He just got back last Thursday, he said he will do what he can. I said what does that mean, your the PRES. of your company...You can do anything you want!!! We shall see. I am hopefull the have been nice. But if some action doesn't happen soon. Well nice will not calm me any more,...ya know what I mean.

Matthew

Calm and nice? of course, but make insistant demands from the start in this fashion. If they are not answered satisfactorily, you should, with as much calm and dignity use means of pressure that will make them rethink their custumer service.