Your Ad Could Be Here

Buying A Song

Beth

• Noob

Hello,

I'm trying to broaden my options & I've been told to stop singing other peoples songs and start singing my own. This is extremely exciting & is my ultimate dream. If i can just touch one person with my song/singing i'll be a very happy missy :)

Song writing myself is not something I think I'm good at. They all come out really bad & I haven't yet found anyone to help me. Is there any where you can buy unreleased songs that I can sing & release myself or someone who will write it with me with small input from myself (as this seems the best i can offer on the song writing front). Does anyone know of any websites or any examples of prices for this kind of thing? I'm dedicated and willing to learn but as I'm 14 and doing my GCSE's at school my time is taken up with that (which is really frustrating - All I wanna do is sing!)

Please help if you can.

Beth xx

Beth, your best option is to find someone who can write songs for you - you can guide them in a general way as to what you want to sing about. You don't need to pay them, they will make money if your performance of their songs leads to success. If you are giving the songwriter some input into the songs then you may be able to split the credit for the songs in some way.

Although you could buy someone else's song outright, I don't think you'd find any good songs this way. Certainly not at a price you could afford.

Why don't you have a listen to some of the songs written by people on this website? See if you find anything you like. You'll probably find that most people will happy for you to sing their songs. There's plenty of songwriters who aren't great singers and so are happy to work with somebody who can really sing.

Song writing myself is not something I think I'm good at. They all come out really bad & I haven't yet found anyone to help me.

In your profile, you list only voice; do you play any instruments? If not, my immediate advice would be to learn, now — like learning a language, the younger you begin, the easier it is. You don’t have to become good enough to perform; just some basic familiarity with a piano or a guitar will give you a grounding in how music “works” that’s very difficult to get from voice alone. At 14, your voice is still maturing, and you have time yet before you’ll be able to make the most of it; use some of that time to learn to play.

If you do play, what instruments? Do you read music?