Your Ad Could Be Here

Album Producer

Hey when im older i want to be a album Producer has anyone got any tips or anything to help me?

You may not be able to do all these things right away, but they are all useful steps:

1. Learn a musical skill - for example, learn to play an instrument (or instruments), learn to read music, learn to write songs.

2. Learn how to mix music - using a soundboard or software - either live or "in the studio" (which will probably be at home at the moment) - or even learn how to use a turntable live as a DJ (this would be useful if you are planning on producing music that is very beat oriented).

3. Hang out with musicians and singers, if you know any. Maybe you can practice your skills on them.

4. Learn all you can about music - this could include taking a music production course in college. If you are still at school then start saving your pennies for this.

5. If you can't get directly into music production then you may be able to get a job as a sound engineer first, and then move on to music production later (it's a natural progression).

6. Somewhere along the way create some tracks to use as demos so that you show off your skills. No one will hire you unless they can hear what you can do.

7. Something you can do right away - listen to your favorite songs and figure out what it is you like about them - the way they are mixed, the way the vocals sound, or the drums sound, the actual songwriting, or whatever it is that draws you in.

Best wishes.

• Like 1

You may not be able to do all these things right away, but they are all useful steps:

1. Learn a musical skill - for example, learn to play an instrument (or instruments), learn to read music, learn to write songs.

2. Learn how to mix music - using a soundboard or software - either live or "in the studio" (which will probably be at home at the moment) - or even learn how to use a turntable live as a DJ (this would be useful if you are planning on producing music that is very beat oriented).

3. Hang out with musicians and singers, if you know any. Maybe you can practice your skills on them.

4. Learn all you can about music - this could include taking a music production course in college. If you are still at school then start saving your pennies for this.

5. If you can't get directly into music production then you may be able to get a job as a sound engineer first, and then move on to music production later (it's a natural progression).

6. Somewhere along the way create some tracks to use as demos so that you show off your skills. No one will hire you unless they can hear what you can do.

7. Something you can do right away - listen to your favorite songs and figure out what it is you like about them - the way they are mixed, the way the vocals sound, or the drums sound, the actual songwriting, or whatever it is that draws you in.

Best wishes.

Thanks and i do know how to play guitar and im good at writeing lyrics i just not good at make guitar parts with my lyrics. im still in high school so i could do a music production course at college. Thanks again :)