Your Ad Could Be Here

How Can I Record My Voice And Backing Tracks Please?

• Noob

I want to sing to my backing tracks and record onto CD. The quality does not have to be great, it is only so I can learn new songs, back in the day I used to record onto cassette with just a cheap microphone, and playing the songs back to myself in the car while I'm driving around is the easiest way for me to learn lyrics.

Now it's all new fangled mp3 backing tracks, and cd, and I don't want a fancy schmantzy recording studio, just to be able to sing to my backing and listen to it on cd.

Can anyone advise me please?

thanks.

• 3 months later...

If you have a Mac, then Garageband is an awesome pre-installed program that would be perfect for doing what you are describing. I take my MacBook Pro on the road with me all the time, and if I come up with something cool in my hotel room, I only have to open the program and hit "R", and BOOM--I am recording through the internal mic. You can sing away to your heart's content without worrying too much about the details inherent in a "fancy schmantzy recording studio" (nice haha). The sound quality isn't the greatest but for just getting ideas down it is quick and painless. Super easy to burn CDs and play them in your car to learn from too.

Of course for this you need a fairly expensive Mac setup, which if you don't already have, makes this advice rather pointless...

ANYWAY, just thought I'd throw that out there in case you did! ;o)

• 4 weeks later...