Your Ad Could Be Here

Best (Not Quite) Notation Software? Any Recommendations?

Hi all... Forgive me if this has been posted before but I searched and couldn't find exactly what I was looking for, so here goes...

I am looking for software to help me generate lyric sheets with guitar chords (either boxed format or just names), and at the MOST, lead sheets with a notated melody line, chords and lyrics (for multiple verses, etc). Really it's just so I can generate sheets to look at during my solo acoustic gigs, so something legible and hopefully on a single page works best.

Finale Songwriter MIGHT do it, but even that might be too much; I am looking for something more from the lyrics first perspective, instead of having to notate the music bar-by-bar FIRST and then adding lyrics. Make sense?

The closest I have found is something called Lyricist V3, but I am on a Mac and would really rather not use Parallels or Boot Camp to run Windows-based software. Plus the screenshots of the end product don't look all that great.

I like that general idea though. Anyone have any recommendations for something similar?

Thanks!

I rate basic Band In A Box for those jobs.

It allows you to print a lead sheet with lyrics.

And don't overlook the fact it is also primarily the essential practice tool.

I don't know if it prints a lyric-sheet per se, but you must already have a word-processing package on board

http://www.pgmusic.com/

More affordable than Sibelius.

I rate basic Band In A Box for those jobs.

It allows you to print a lead sheet with lyrics.

And don't overlook the fact it is also primarily the essential practice tool.

I don't know if it prints a lyric-sheet per se, but you must already have a word-processing package on board

http://www.pgmusic.com/

More affordable than Sibelius.

Ooh that's a great idea, thanks Lazz! I wasn't aware of that particular functionality for BiaB.