Your Ad Could Be Here

Recording :( I Suck!

I'm not sure where to put this thread, so the moderators can replace it if it's not the right place.

I just started to record a new song and I SUCK! It really sounds bad. I'm evan worse than before! I listened to a song I recorded a few years ago and it was better then this now (but still it's not evan avarage). I guess I have to use the plug-ins? Cause I record it from the keyboards through the microphone...Also, I can't seem to record in rhytham. For example, I record drums, but then the harmony is not in synch with the drums...I wanted to use metronome, but then it records the metronome also...how do you do that?

Just as an example of my suffering :) I'm gonna post the song I recorded a few years ago for you to hear. It's just the base (drums, harmony and a little piano) it still needs a lot of work (electric guitar, bass and vocals). I think it's not evan possible to figure out how the song was meant to be, but please help! Any suggestion would be good. I didn't put it in the critique forum cause it's not finished yet.

EDIT: Oops, this what I posted is a shorter version, without the piano!

Osvajam svjetove.mp3

Edited by LilOrange

Thanks, Hobo! :) I'm using Cool Edit. I actually know something about the waveform editing, I've seen those tutorials on youtube. I will check this quantize function. And do you have the problem that you record the whole track and then it won't play it until the end? It just stops in the middle?

oh, thanx, guys!

And keep asking questions whenever you come up against an issue you aren't sure about.

I had a listen to your track. It has a nice feel to it and it's prefectly good for a beginner. The beats need compressed and they're a little dry, but come on! Rome wasn't built in a day... Keep at it, keep reading up on it. You'll get there.

The reason it's recording the metronome is because the device settings are set to the wrong input so it's recording whatever is played through the soundcard.

• Like 1