Your Ad Could Be Here

Critique My Vocals!?

takamine21

• Noob

Can you tell me what and how I can work on bettering my vocals?I know in some places the timing is a bit off and my voice cracks at about 2:30. Maybe some vocal exercises to broaden/strengthen the range or just any input really would help. If you feel like it even tell me "You suck, don't ever sing again!" This is a cover of Letters to you by Thrice. The guitar is tuned to flats and in D.

http://soundcloud.com/takamine21

• Editors

Hello :)

I like the "texture" of your voice,but your voice feels very constricted. Before going into any other issue(like about you losing pitch at places,I think it'll all come into place when you have better control over the voice hence the following),I'd like you to do/PRACTICE some exercises that'll help you open up your voice and release that tension that you have at higher places. But then again,you are playing on the safe side and there is not MUCH power in your voice. Do these exercises anyways as it will help you on the whole. :)

The first one that I just cant not do is the lip rolls. Here is a small video showing you how. It might look or sound funny but keep in mind that its proven VERY effective for your voice. So practice it every day as a warm up by taking a scale and doing the lip rolls over it(remember to keep a "yawn" kind of a feeling inside your mouth)

The other one that I do is sing "mum mum mum " on a scale or an arpeggio. Dont forget to keep the UH sound in the mum very dopey and yawny.

It helps you keep your Adams apple (actually the larynx) down . If the adams apple keeps coming up while you are singing,its a clear sign of your voice having tension and being closed. So keep it yawny. (notice that when you yawn,the adams apple comes down instantly)

Also,dont force yourself with these too much while you are singing(keep all these things in mind only when you are WARMING UP or PRACTICING). This is only to ENABLE you to sing with better control and not really sing in a dopey voice (lol obviously).Do deep breathing everyday for atleast five minutes. Believe me,proper breathing has so much importance while singing.here is another link giving an idea http://www.wikihow.c...r-Singing-Voice

I can help you out with all of this as well,but I've had a long day and Im tired lol Thats the only reason Im putting out these links,sorry :)

Just pm me if you need any more help