Your Ad Could Be Here

Mournin' Glory Story Cover, Need Feedback On My Vocals.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey TF! Great job. I happened upon this by searching for new content and saw that Martha had commented. First let me say, before I critique: I'm not a professional vocalist, I've never been "trained", but I do have a good "ear" for vocals and mine are my main musical instrument.

I think you have a very soothing voice. A very "story telling" voice. Is this the genre you aim for? This was a good song to suit your voice. I like the key you are in, and I like the lower range you go into at the end of each line in the verse. It sounds like a natural range for you. I'm new to learning the guitar and I was trying to see what chords you were playing in order to see what key you were singing in, but unfortunately I couldn't make a couple of them out...bar chords?

My only suggestion is with your high notes. Open up with you are trying to hit them. Sounded kinda like you were holding in your diaphram and not pushing out correctly with the note.. Does that make sense? Your high range has a great quality, you just have to work on finding how to deliver the note. I struggle with this as well. Every singer does. Keep working at your improvements!

You sound great! I love the vibe :)

• 1 month later...