Your Ad Could Be Here

XP = poor cosntruction...

Guest olggu

I got a little project in my hands in school; one of my classmates have bring me his PC, about a year old machine with XP home- edition, because it doesn't work properly, he couldn't install some game and there was some ad-on bars in I-Explorer. There were only one catch; he didn't want me to format the hard-disk's, so it was a pure clean-up operation...FROM HELL. His XP have a five user accounts, all with full rights, which add some fun in this project. I start with a new and widely tributed Giant antispyware, which found some 230 different spyware from first user, and I deleted them all. Virus check went OK, so I continue with an Ad- Aware, which find a 130 spywares, and I deleted them all, then scanning with the SpyBot- Search & Destroy; that find about 100 different pests, which I delete. Then I use the HijackThis for fixing iexplorer from hijackers, and CWShedder which couldn't find anything...so I think that this was a piece of cake, and boot the machine for checking next user-account...Piece of cake...no; more like piece of shit. I had to do every check, every delete, every thing with all five user accounts, and that wasn't all, I have to empty all five temp- folders, all five Internet Temp- folders, delete quite great bunch of different freeware-on line etc. games because there was trojans in those, and after all that it runs almost like normal computer...Last week I spend a 15 hours just cleaning that machine, so if we compare time used to doing that, and time which is used to reinstall XP, it is clear which is faster way to go. I was very disappointed when I realize that hoax-programs and the shit from the net can contaminate all five user accounts at once, but you can't clean them at once; all five user have a same trojans, same spyware, same shit all over temp-files, which make things very difficult... 8)

Whooaaa! I have 4 accounts set up on my machine. But they are not password protected, do you think this would make a difference?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

steve if i was you i would make sure you set yourself up as admin so that you can clean the whole machine not just your account..

and a word of caution on using more than one spyware remover......make sure the 1st sweep removes the spyware and NOT QUARRANTINES THEM ...why??

sounds simple but the other spyware's WILL detect them giving you a false result..

xp with all its faults is the best version of windows so far...remember the vital service pack there is no excuse for you steve now you have b/band..

15 mins to d/load and install

peace

nige

steve if i was you i would make sure you set yourself up as admin so that you can clean the whole machine not just your account..

and a word of caution on using more than one spyware remover......make sure the 1st sweep removes the spyware and NOT QUARRANTINES THEM ...why??

sounds simple but the other spyware's WILL detect them giving you a false result..

xp with all its faults is the best version of windows so far...remember the vital service pack there is no excuse for you steve now you have b/band..

15 mins to d/load and install

peace

nige

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to be such a kill-joy, but I didn't find any difference if I am an admin or not, because all of those users have the admin rights (without passwords). I try to fix those things even in fault tolerant- mode, but that didn't make any difference in this case...maybe I do something wrong ???

When it come to thing about using one or more spyware-scanners, it is quite obvious that there isn't any scanners which find and can handle all the problems; that thing simple don't exist yet. That's why we should try to find a combination which we can operate, and which give us best possible results... ???

NOW SEE this kid here... this IS my BRO, man

And... I have with great amusement watched HIM learn and better himself WITH the English Language and very soon he's gonna put ME in SHAME...

that's how kids grow!

HAH!

Actually he is only 5 years younger than me and he's AZ big as a house, and next... he gonna KICK my stupid AZ!

So ... see you in the "Emergency Room"

hEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!  :-[

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

h you deserve an ass kicking...(joking mate)

olggu

all im saying on the spyware removals is that if you have more than one make sure the first scan removes the spy-ware and not quarintines them as the next scan will detect them..giving you a false result

i suggest that two is enough if you opt for removal not quarrintine the results

peace

nige

h

can i kick your ass or only family allowed!!

ha!

[smiley=bounce.gif]

olggu

all im saying on the spyware removals is that if you have more than one make sure the first scan removes the spy-ware and not quarintines them as the next scan will detect them..giving you a false result

peace

nige

h

ha!

[smiley=bounce.gif]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

ps

keep them updated

and you won't be hated

shit i am a poet ya know ^_^

olggu

Even that depends from circumstances; I just earlier try to told that even those best scanners in the business doesn't find all spyware, in fact, referring to that study, there is a quite big holes in them. In that study the best one find just about 80% (Giant) next was something like 72% (Ad- aware) etc... Anyway, two shod be enough, but I prefer to use some third scanner to time to time just to make sure...

peace

nige

h

ha!

[smiley=bounce.gif]

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, if you need an easy target, be my quest; it is easy to kick such a enormous ass like that...If he happens to stand beside a bus, you can tell the difference very easily: size is quite similar, but the bus have a license plate. 8)