Your Ad Could Be Here

bank "phising"

hi guys

im guessin ya all know about the "phising" email scam where an email with the bank you are in; askes for account info ..all on proper looking bank logos and wordings.....

i thought it was a uk issue until i got a email from a washington bank asking to re send my info.....took me 20 mins to stop laughing till i bounced it back..

guess what..it came back as unkown...shocking..i don't think so..

anyhow..just to recap ..for the global community we have...

1..no real bank would EVER ask you to dissclose info thro an email

2..they have your home address

3.."phising"..in case your not formiluar with it referse to FISHING

4..thats basicaly what they are doing fishing with random email addys to see who bites..

5..one golden rule DO NOT SEND BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS THRO UNSECURED WAYS..ie EMAIL

just trying to keep you all safe and happy in this the season of good will

whilst i am here

i wish you all a happy and peaceful xmas , faith and love to ya all

best wishes

PEACE

[smiley=heartpump.gif]

NIGE

hi guys

im guessin ya all know about the "phising" email scam where an email with the bank you are in; askes for account info ..all on proper looking bank logos and wordings.....

i thought it was a uk issue until i got a email from a washington bank asking to re send my info.....took me 20 mins to stop laughing till i bounced it back..

guess what..it came back as unkown...shocking..i don't think so..

Internet is full of criminals...and only thing you can do, is try to avoid them, like you say; there is no bank in earth which send you any e-mails asking/telling anything about your account information, that simply doesn't happened. Only way to use your bank / or credit cards in internet, is to use known and protected website...that way you have some security...Those hoodlums are fool enough to try anything, though some of they scams are too obvious; few years ago there was some guys from Estonia, who try to sell some pirated music to finnish via E-mail like this:"Why pay TOO MUCH! Order your favorite music from Our Store; IT IS REALLY EASY, just send your BANK ACCOUNT number and your SECRET PASSWORD via e-mail or fax, AND WE DRAW that sum from YOUR ACCOUNT...I believe there was few people who fall even that fraud... :D[smiley=moon.gif]:P

Here's is part of an article in my paper today.

"Police are warning residents to be vigilant in conducting online business transactions after a man lost $1000 in an phishing scam."

"In this case, the spoofed Web site was eBay, a reputible Internet auction site."

The site folks was only a copy.

Bastards!