Your Ad Could Be Here

What Genre Music Do I Write?

Ok, so I guess this could possibly fall under "shameless promotion" but also this has been a question I have really been trying to figure out and haven't been able to. What is my genre? My YouTube channel is here http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCijq7IdmdYrBFjopUO2M6wg?feature=guide , if you could take a quick listen I'd appreciate any feedback on what you think it counts as thanks :)

• Like 1

WOW this is GREAT!

Singer/songwriter music, vocal-lead-music - type of classical/musical . If you re

not looking forward to play mainstream stuff or in a band - stay with it for the first.

You can sing freely as you like and thats what your music is made of.

If you put even more change in tempo and add some modified melody interludes

to it then it would be genius. You even do storytelling! But, please, dont put it into

song-schemes, not now. Make your own structure. This is how music develops

forward. And hear classical music if you already havnt.

Finish a album with this - i will buy it!

Hope in somehow this is still in topic.

Pre-Black Widow is cool.

Edited by Andre Fischer

Thanks a lot! I agree with the everything you said. Right now, I'm really trying to use these next few years for experimenting with my sound, and get a plan together while I don't have to worry about buying groceries and pay bills. Mainstream, isn't something I'm against but I don't think it's something I could be. It just wouldn't feel right. As for the classical music, I have been (luckily) exposed to it from piano lessons, and the occasional visit to the classical station on the radio. Again thanks, I'm glad you like Pre-Black Widow.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I enjoyed listening to your different songs. Your voice is beautiful and you are a true artist writing her own songs ... i admire that.

Put some more focus on the melodies as you keep writing song because your voice deserves that :).

I will certainly remember your name and get your album when times come. Keep posting your songs :)

You have an amazing voice! What a great song. I wouldn't be to worried about choosing a music genre. Just create what you love and everyone will follow.