Your Ad Could Be Here

Only Hope Cover

• Editors

Hello Melissa,

I liked the texture of your voice. Very smooth. You have a bit of control in your voice as I can hear some subtle vibrato at the end of notes. Some people get it naturally,so I guess you've got that in your advantage. :)

You do need to work on your pitch though. But before you give any work to your voice to solve that,you need to give your ears the work. You need to be able to IDENTIFY when you are not in pitch,only then would you be able to fix it. So I would advice you to listen to as much music as possible(maybe songs like this?mellow and nice,not those pop tunes saturated with computerized beats). Listen to it completely,observe the shift in pitch and melody,take it all in.Make it a habit. :)

Now coming back to fixing the pitch issues,I would recommend vocalizing on a scale like do re mi fa so la ti do. Sing it note by note slowly one by one so that you can sustain each note well. This will help you with your breath control. When you sustain a note,be sure to stay at that pitch and not waver even a lil(try to). When ever you see that you are not in pitch,start over.

Be sure to tell us about your progress :)

Cheers,

Mahesh