Your Ad Could Be Here

Caduceus Covers Down Today By Jonathan Coulton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1JGMoavVzU

Alright, so I realize I have a very poor laptop microphone and using Adobe Audition 3 to remove noise isn't as good as having a good microphone when I'm able to afford to purchase one.  I also realize that this song in particular has an odd instrumental sound, because I used custom channel extraction to completely remove the original vocals from it, and then some effects to make it sound more unusual but consistent unlike what it was after that extraction.  As well, it is a Jonathan Coulton song released under creative commons non-commercial attribution license, so this cover is legally approved for upload, as will be any and all uploads to my channel as it is or a later one specifically just for my musical productions.  Just so all of that is clear.

I did five full song takes of this song and while the first verse vocals came in mid-word, it was the best single-run of them as far as noise removal overall.  For any who haven't heard the original by Jonathan Coulton, and especially any that haven't heard any of his music, go listen to the original, it's really wonderful.  Alright.  For those that just did that or skipped over since they have heard it before, I'd like to hear what non-equipment constructive comments you might have on my first non-karaoke cover of a song.  I didn't try to do it in JoCo's voice, because it isn't mine, and there are some stylistic things I like about this cover, but there's a lot I'm on the fence about, and I'd like to later record it with better equipment when I have the chance.  Anyone able and willing to offer any advice for this cover?