Your Ad Could Be Here

Completely off topic. It's okay to invest in wall art like pictures and stuff. I don't have any in my place either.

The guitar is a little quiet and the room is quite boomy.

There are several do it yourself for dirt cheap to nothing videos on sound proofing. on youtube.  A little investment in time and energy can make a huge difference in the sound quality of your recordings be they direct to a video camera or through some type of mixer/recording environment.

• Editors

Completely off topic. It's okay to invest in wall art like pictures and stuff. I don't have any in my place either.

The guitar is a little quiet and the room is quite boomy.

There are several do it yourself for dirt cheap to nothing videos on sound proofing. on youtube.  A little investment in time and energy can make a huge difference in the sound quality of your recordings be they direct to a video camera or through some type of mixer/recording environment.

Heya Mike, yeah, I agree. I have to see what I can do to the place around. Of course there are a few constraints such as I'm not the only one living in the room causing privacy issues and the house is on lease, so I'm not allowed to do much with the walls that will affect the paint or whatever. But I sure am planning to do quite somethings. I need to buy a guitar. A decent high end one with a good pickup on it. It will help me with my performances  and help me make a little more bucks. Next would be a good microphone and a sound interface which I can use with my laptop. That would solve so many problems! Unlikely to other countries, sound equipment ( even a decent entry level dynamic microphone ) is expensive. I'm looking to do it the traditional way, the way Indian musicians have been doing it for a while. Ask a friend who is abroad to buy good equipment there and bring it to India. 

Once I get these two primary things sorted out, I know that things would be so so much more easy. I'll look around for what can be done for temporary soundproofing! Thank you for the suggestions!

Mahesh,

When I was young and money was tight. i lived in an unfinished basement with concrete walls and floor. .  I went around to local restaraunts and asked them for their old egg flats. They thought I was strange but the cooks were good guys and instead of throwing the things out they put em off to the side for me to collect.  Ideally I wanted to hang them on the walls as baffles but my landlord wouldn't let me.

mEkoPFRO3FIX5TVOpBhpMCg.jpg.

So I found some 4''x 6' (ft) panelling glued the flats to the back of the panelling and made some stands for the panels. I created a small not fully enclused room within a room. It worked.  My girlfriend came over and painted some hippy artwork on the front side of the panels. When it wasn't being used for sound proofing I could the panels as a partition so when people came over to my "studio" apartment they were'nt staring at my bed.

Today, I'd prolly do things a little different even working on a budget.

This is a nice idea.  I don't know where you live. thick comforters may be hard to come by.a simple blanket isn't enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCpwGgxmCaU

I can't find it now but there was another do it your self video where the guy used foam rubber (seat cushion) to create baffles

• Editors

Mahesh,

When I was young and money was tight. i lived in an unfinished basement with concrete walls and floor. .  I went around to local restaraunts and asked them for their old egg flats. They thought I was strange but the cooks were good guys and instead of throwing the things out they put em off to the side for me to collect.  Ideally I wanted to hang them on the walls as baffles but my landlord wouldn't let me.

mEkoPFRO3FIX5TVOpBhpMCg.jpg.

So I found some 4''x 6' (ft) panelling glued the flats to the back of the panelling and made some stands for the panels. I created a small not fully enclused room within a room. It worked.  My girlfriend came over and painted some hippy artwork on the front side of the panels. When it wasn't being used for sound proofing I could the panels as a partition so when people came over to my "studio" apartment they were'nt staring at my bed.

Today, I'd prolly do things a little different even working on a budget.

This is a nice idea.  I don't know where you live. thick comforters may be hard to come by.a simple blanket isn't enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCpwGgxmCaU

I can't find it now but there was another do it your self video where the guy used foam rubber (seat cushion) to create baffles

This is super helpful Mike. I'm gonna definitely try something like this out! Thank you so very much!

• Editors

really enjoyed it. Very expressive voice. I really like it!

Really like the singing and melody on this song. It' has a really delicate and desperate feel which fits the lyrics beautifully.

Thanks a lot guys :)

the truth is there's no path to bliss

a cold, hard truth the gurus dodge

it's trial and error; hit and miss

all roads are detours camouflaged

We Are All Lost chasing a mirage

Plan Shmlan, Bro.   :)

P.S.  Dig the song!

Haha makes sense! Thanks man :) 

If you go with the egg flats make sure that they are the pulp (paper) based ones and not tne styrofoam ones. stack them about 3 or 4 deep.

Another on the cheap side thing is to get a couple of cardboard guitar (preferably electric bass because they are bigger) boxes (the kind they ship the instruments in) Cut out one face of the box while keeping it intact. reinforce the sides and fill it with foam. then cover the exposed face with a mesh cloth (something that breaths so the air can pass through it easily) If you use ceiling acoustic tiles you want the unpainted fiberglass side facing out to the cloth not the painted side. I'll also want to somehow elevate then so that the top of the baffle is above your head.