Your Ad Could Be Here

So, What Else Have You Been Up To?

I've joined the acoustica / mixcraft forum after my purchase of mixcraft.  I've been creating "jam along" files in mixcraft so that others who would like to collaborate on a piece can.  It's been interesting.  Somethings (computer not software) have given me some challenges to work through.

Your turn

I won't share on fb.

I think it's honorable what you are doing with your departed friends work.  A long time back I had all my material on four-track cassette.  Stupidly I kept it in the trunk of my car.  One day the car was stolen along with all my previously recorded works.  I think often about what I'll leave behind when I go.

The mixcraft community is unique to me.  It will never replace songstuff.

When I first started in online music communities it was (don't shoot me) The band-in-a-box yahoo group.  Smartest bunch of 60+ people on the planet.  Many were professors at music colleges teaching...advanced jazz studies.  Conversations were very biab centric. They never sway from the pgmusic stuff.  KVRaudio on the otherhand is very rough and tumble. conversations often get side-tracked and the moderation stance is almost no intervention.   Even when intervention such as a ban occurs it's usually only a temp ban. I've learned a lot and I've shared a lot.  But many times when I get into a discussion I feel like my backs up against the wall. 

I've just started at mixcraft so my still early opinions may change over time.  I've never met so many who have such a limited experience working in a daw environment.  They appear to be mostly nearing retirement hobbyist musicians.  I find it enjoyable to be able to help others and I'm excited about the whole "jam" concept.