Your Ad Could Be Here

Master Writer

The S

Anyone of you ever tried it out? Or even better ARE trying it out?

I'm thinking about it, and no no no, I'm not looking to find a program to write stuff for me, I'm looking for one where there's lots of help to get if needed right there on the spot, in the program. And so far this looks good. I'm only on the trial version so if any of you have a better or worse experience with it please let me know.

Just asking...

Cheers,

S

How does a program like that work?  Do you suppose there is an algorithm programmed for context, style, background, audience, melody, rhyme, cliche, alliteration, meter, simile, metaphor, genre, that includes all the conversations you've had and all the books you've read, and all the people you've met, and all the songs you've loved and the people you've lost and the gifts you've discovered, and all the other things that go into a good line?

My opinion is, You've worked too hard at lyric writing to go the way of a software engineered lyric.   This program isn't for someone like you, it's for someone who wants to be able to write like you already do.     

Tom

A long time back I wrote an embedded script for "The Palace" (graphical chat) which mimicked human behavior much like the turing project. It was more a social experiment then some highly advanced ai.  While advancements have been made in context generators, generally they are limited to "For amusement purposes only"  

Here's a popular thesis generator

http://babel-generator.herokuapp.com/

Uste three keywords and click generate, Hilarity ensues.

Um, this is no generator guys! If it is I must have totally missed it. Sorry to disappoint! ;-)

It's more of a writing tool in which you have multiple different dictionaries all in one place and you can quickly switch between them. Helps you organise your writing process. (I suspect)

When I write I tend to have books all around me, everything from fiction, facts and various dictionaries, for reference, inspiration and language, It's a mess. Hehe! I also tend to write my lyrics on my phone, iPad, computer, different papers, napkins and whatnot. It takes me forever just to puzzle the pieces together. =)

I'm trying this one out, a free 10 day trial, just to see if this head of mine could get a tad more organised. I won't hold my breath though.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any input that's all.

Cheers,

S

Edited by The S

Can't claim to know anything about organization.

Me neither. ;-)

But I'm a sucker for anything music/lyric writing related. Can't help it. Too much fun to not try it out. Worst case scenario is I write a totally different lyric with it that I wouldn't normally write and then my free trial days are over. I can live with that. =)

S

Edited by The S