Your Ad Could Be Here

David Pleasance

Rudi

Anyone remember David? Maybe some oldies will remember the Commodore computers; 64 Amiga500/600 etc. He was the UK head of Commodore. I was researching something about Spanish guitars and discovered this thing of his.

David recorded a very fine CD of his Flamenco guitar pieces at the demise of Commodore. I met with him at this time to record an interview for the floppy-disc mag TI (Total Irrelevance). The interview was arranged by Mick Lovering and Mick had asked me along.

Mick, myself and Steve Perrett all contributed to TI at this time. TI was the magazine supporting OctaMED SoundStudio, the best music tracker program made for the Amiga computer. So we all created computer music in those days as well as making conventional music.

Mick & myself were made welcome at Davids Thames side home, where we were permitted to play his very expensive handmade Flamenco guitar.

I dont know quite what to make of this venture, but its part of the history of many of us and as such it remains interesting.

And yes I bought the 'Batman Pack A500' pictured here for my son.

Well! Interesting little Video mate!

I remember you, Mick & I trundling off to London for a computer fair where, we met with David. Nice bloke! I bought his computer monitor. Which was a bit of a coup at the time!  A multi sync monitor that just made my Amiga A1200 come to life!  :)

I still have quite a few copies of MUG and T.I.  Those times were an enjoyable episode in my life.  Making friends with you & Mick a particular pleasure! (For you & Mick :) )

I think I might just pledge for a copy of the book! It'll be interesting to find out why one of the greatest products on the market was abandoned and left to die?