Your Ad Could Be Here

Sleep \ Live at a music concert

Mahesh

• Editors

This was recently at one of my biggest gigs of the year. It was an honour being on the same line up of artists as Anderson .Paak, Watsky and Wolf Alice; a life time experiences sharing words and stories among them.

When a cell phone video of  'Sleep' got viral 2 years ago, things really turned around for me but this song keeps bringing the little community of followers I have closer and closer. This pattern of people sitting down for the set has been repeating itself at clubs as well off late. The last club gig had people leaving their tables and sitting down on the floor in front of the stage, as if it was a family matter and I was singing to them. That's a really special feeling.

How grateful I am for music to give me such beautiful experiences!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a chair but it made me want to sit on the floor, too. And I hate festivals, so quite an achievement.

I've done some big gigs but some of the most memorable times for me was when I was busking in the street. Most people just passed on by, even if they dropped money, but now and again somebody stopped and sat down to listen. They hadn't come out to find a band and have a few beers, they interrupted their day for you. An audience of one beat an audience of thousands.

Edited by Glammerocity
  • Like 1

• Editors
2 hours ago, Glammerocity said:

I have a chair but it made me want to sit on the floor, too. And I hate festivals, so quite an achievement.

I've done some big gigs but some of the most memorable times for me was when I was busking in the street. Most people just passed on by, even if they dropped money, but now and again somebody stopped and sat down to listen. They hadn't come out to find a band and have a few beers, they interrupted their day for you. An audience of one beat an audience of thousands.

Haha thanks bud! 

And I completely vibe on what you're saying. There is so much more intimacy when people just... 'stop'. It's beyond music as just a means of entertainment; which is what it has been stereotyped to, thanks to the overly & overtly money-minded side of the music industry.

Busking ain't legal here but my biggest dream is to do a busking tour across Europe. Hopefully, someday! I'm sure it'd have been super special when that person decided to sit down and listen. 

• Like 1