Your Ad Could Be Here

guitar and drum trainer

new program avalable as shareware..any good to any one?

This award winning software lets you easily slow down songs and music without changing the pitch so that you can learn new songs and music on your guitar or any other instrument.

Features include:

Slow down music without changing pitch

Pitch shift music to match your instrument

16 band EQ and Low Pass

Filter to cut out unwanted parts and boost what you want to hear

Loop music to listen to the same part again and again

Stereo panning to listen to solos in either channel

ID3 tag, OGG tag, files info displayed

Precise time, position and sample info accurate to 1000th of a second

Easy controls you can click, scroll, type or use your mouse wheel

Play MP3, OGG Vorbis and WAV files

Save song configurations

guitar and drum trainer

Nah! Got a noggin that does that. :P

Hey Rudi - how do you do that?

Is it a memory thing in your inner ear?

Or do you just naturally hear it on your instrument?

I have neither response to nor need for any of the other tricks it does, but I find transcription and analysis a truly beneficial exercise, and hence a tool that slows down passages (without changing pitch) and enables me to catch the notation correctly is a very valuable learning device for me. There have been a few gizmos around that do the same job, but this is the first I've got for free that just sits in the computer to do its stuff.

Edited by Lazz

Hey Rudi - how do you do that?

Is it a memory thing in your inner ear?

Or do you just naturally hear it on your instrument?

I have neither response to nor need for any of the other tricks it does, but I find transcription and analysis a truly beneficial exercise, and hence a tool that slows down passages (without changing pitch) and enables me to catch the notation correctly is a very valuable learning device for me. There have been a few gizmos around that do the same job, but this is the first I've got for free that just sits in the computer to do its stuff.

To be frank, I cant do these things:-

Pitch shift music to match your instrument (I wish I could pitch shift the band !)

16 band EQ and Low Pass (one band and a duo only)

ID3 tag, OGG tag, files info displayed (no, but god knows I try at every gig)

Precise time, position and sample info accurate to 1000th of a second (I play late, -behind the beat)

Play MP3, OGG Vorbis and WAV files (You just hum it son....)

I used to work out most of the songs we played in our band(s). I think once you have the key, it's generaly pretty straight forward! Problems arise when trying to work out songs played on detuned instruments. If I'm trying to work out somebodies guitar solo, I pick out certain points to get to. Then I work on the bits in between. If the solo is so fast you can't distinguish the notes? Who else is gonna know what you're playing anyway? Those I couldn't work out, I changed completely.

If the solo is so fast you can't distinguish the notes? Who else is gonna know what you're playing anyway? Those I couldn't work out, I changed completely.

Hear that!

Maybe the damn thing is only any use to me, then. I do transcriptions solely as ear-hole training exercises with no intention of playing the buggers, and if I want to work on some blistering saxophone solo by the likes of Charlie Parker then being able to slow the pace down is certainly a welcome advantage. Been trying to work out the parts for some screwy regae-oid sax-quartet piece by The Borneo Horns and it's plaguing the life out of me. Taking me ages. I reckon it will help with that, for instance. And I harbour the illusion that this kind of work aids my own puny attempts at arranging once I figure out what's really going on - as opposed to an approximation of it.

If I'm trying to work out somebodies guitar solo, I pick out certain points to get to. Then I work on the bits in between. If the solo is so fast you can't distinguish the notes? Who else is gonna know what you're playing anyway? Those I couldn't work out, I changed completely.

Lazz's way if VERY HARD WORK and thorough.

Steve'way is hard enough, & practical.

My way is lazy &... well lazy!

I have hardly done it Lazz's way since my teens.

I've done it Steves way in my 20's & 30's.

I dont work solos out anymore. When I do hear something I like, my mind endlessly loops it over a couple of days (this is involuntary). I wake up with it still going on. Somehow it then becomes easy to play. If it is faithful, I find it bothers me, and will change it deliberately.

I have hardly done it Lazz's way since my teens.

I've done it Steves way in my 20's & 30's.

If only I had have done that sort of transcription stuff in my teens then my ear would have been already tuned-up slick enough in the active dotage I'm coping with now. But I didn't begin to take myself seriously and start teaching myself music until my 30's so I am a little behind (a small bum) and still feel the more of this kind of exercise I do (when I have time) the better I get (by inches).

Imy mind endlessly loops it over a couple of days (this is involuntary). I wake up with it still going on. Somehow it then becomes easy to play

So that's how you do it - it is a memory thing in your inner ear!

Thanks.

So that's how you do it - it is a memory thing in your inner ear!

Thanks.

I suppose. I thought you were being literal before. I never concidered it that way.

In context, I rarely work out stuff with the harmonic complexity that you do.

Working out Bird? Think this might slow me down a tad. ???