Your Ad Could Be Here

Upgrade Your Music and Skills

As a believer in life long learning I joined Masterclass.com yesterday. At the moment I am taking The Art and Soul of Music with Carlos Santana. After that it will be Electric Guitar with Tom Morrello and Herbie Hancock on Jazz.

There is also Performance with Usher, Songwriting with Alicia Keyes, Country Music with Reba McEntyre, Writing for the Screen with Danny Elfman, and many others in their Music Section.

• Like 2

• Editors

Oooh, that's awesome Clay! I'm very interested in finding out what Usher's performance course is gonna be like. Herbie's too but I'm sure I'm gonna only be able to understand a tiny part of it.  😅 Always curious anyways with these things. Good luck with all of it. Let us know your thoughts on it once you finish!

Yes, Masterclass is a very good site – true to its namesake.

These days, I've been trying to upgrade my keyboard skills in a much more old-fashioned way: trying to teach myself how to sight-read scores from the master composers of yesteryear.  "However we do it, may we never stop learning."

Edited by MikeRobinson

Sounds like an excellent plan Mike. One of my biggest deficiencies is a weakness in sight reading.

I can read a score easily but I cannot read one and play it at the same time although I can read one and sing it. I had to leave 7th grade Band because of this.

I've tried several times to learn with both piano and guitar but for whatever reason I simply don't have the hand/eye coordination. I'm like the proverbial one fingered typist.