Your Ad Could Be Here

Sample rate and Atributes???

Hey guys, i am using Cubase LE (not the best i know), i have recorded 3 sings posted on here over the last fe weeks but now all of a sudden my songs are playing either really fast or really slow?? if i open them on my PC they are fine but as soon as i uplaod them ther get distorted and play slow or fast??

the settings that seem to alter this are my Sample Rate and Attribute level when i do my Audio mixdown

My Attribute level goes from 8-128 KBit and my Sample rate is 8-48 KHz

I know the answer is stareing me in the bloody face but what do i need to set these at to get the best quality and keep the tempo of the tune the same as it was recorded in?

Thanks

matt

I found this at the soundclick help page:

My HiFi mp3 files play too fast or too slow

Solution:

The issue with the "slow play" or "chipmunk" effect is due to the way that the mp3 was originally encoded. Flash can handle most standard mp3 encodings with any bitrate. However, some mp3 encoders use "non-standard" encoding technics that Macromdia Flash can not handle.

To get rid of this error, you can do one of the following:

1: re-encode and re-upload yourself

The best solution is to re-encode your mp3s with a standard mp3 encoder and standard settings. Good mp3 encoders are dbPowerAmp or MusicMatch. dbPowerAmp is a small, right-click type utility that makes encoding an mp3 a snap. It can be downloaded here

MusicMatch works great and is a free software. I can be downloaded here

Important: It's very important to use a sample rate of 44.1kHz (and NOT 48 kHz). Most of the times that's the default setting of the encoder anyway.

The new mp3 version can then be re-uploaded at

band administration > songs > update existing songs

2: use our online tool

You can go to

band administration > songs > my hifi mp3 plays too slow or too fast

to re-encode your mp3 on-the-fly. But in general that leads to a slightly degraded sound quality. So re-uploading is the preferred method.

Edited by hariossa