Your Ad Could Be Here

Advice On How To Record A Phone Message?

• 2 weeks later...
Hey all~

So I have a voice mail message that I'd love to get on the 4-track. Has anyone recorded from this kind of source? What worked?

Mucho gracio,

-DD

I've done this you can hear it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwgG-ksj7WY

Some of these voices are mine... I used a mobile phone to capture the sound to create an "AM RADIO" effect as you hear on the original Apollo sound recordings... I'm the guy who says "Okay, pitching over, I've got the PRO and we are go on P64" near the beginning of the video...

What I did was with a view to making the sound of my voice and the voice of the other people involved in creating the sound files for my simulated Apollo mission very degraded sounding and limiting the frequency range, so in the end, I cellotaped my mobile phone to capsule of the microphone with the keypad facing outwards so I could still operate it and played back the voice overs I'd recorded with the phone via the mic into Cubase...

You can actually hear that there is an even more savage band pass on the original apollo recordings than there is on mine...

Edited by Prometheus

"you know what I mean smartass"

Hi Steve - you've waked up to notice that now.

Everytime I looked at the subject question while posting and how it was worded, it appeared to me as if I was asking how to use a phone machine - hence the smartass.

O well - maybe I'll just whistle with ya.

:whistle::whistle:

Edited by Donna

Hey all~

So I have a voice mail message that I'd love to get on the 4-track. Has anyone recorded from this kind of source? What worked?

Mucho gracio,

-DD

Crazy idea here Donna, but it might work.

Use a pair of headphones as a mic. Simply place one side of the phones over the speaker and connect it to your recorder. Oughta do the trick. And yes, I have used headphones as a mic before, just not in this way.

Good luck,

Tom

• 2 weeks later...