Your Ad Could Be Here

Looking For Midi Info And Chord Progressions

• Noob

Hi. I'm looking for 2 things regarding music. If you know only one, that'll help too.

1. Are there any websites that have midi files of popular songs and artists for download?

2. Are there any websites or books that displays just the key and chord progressions of popular songs and artists (such as I-V-vi-IV.....)? I'm not looking for sheet music or musical scores (no measures, bars, staffs). I'm looking for just chord progressions.

Thanks.

If I'm looking for a midi file, I just search on things like

bohemian rhapsody mid midi

I usually find several examples done by people of various skill levels. Sometimes, things are WAY off.

Regarding chord progressions, good question. I'm glad to read that you are interested in that kind of insight into the songs. If you learn how each chord relates to the key its in, you can quickly and easily create that kind of harmonic map.

Some folks call that the Nashville Numbering System, others know it as harmonic analysis. I just searched on

harmonic analysis of music dominant tonic i ii V

and found some decent results. My recommendation is to work with a teacher and to acquire appropriate learning materials like books and CD's.

Best,

Dainis