Your Ad Could Be Here

Miley is back?

• Editors

Well, I got to know of Miley's music after her famed Wrecking Ball episode and then back tracked to see that she used to have some good melodies going. I wondered if she'd come back to it. Nice to see her doing a Dylan cover.

Can't agree with you on that one Mahesh, I think it's horrible.... and even the drummer having his afro comb in his hair just isn't enough to make it cool. ;) 

I mean ... they all look good, but she sounds like she's singing to a bunch of line-dancers.

Edited by MonoStone

• Editors

Oh, my comment is relative to her 'recent stuff' that she'd been doing (and by your comment, I'm assuming you've not heard, rather watched Wrecking Ball lol It went viral for a 'not so musical' reason ;) )

As for my opinion of the performance in itself without comparing, no comments.

9 minutes ago, Mahesh said:

Oh, my comment is relative to her 'recent stuff' that she'd been doing (and by your comment, I'm assuming you've not heard Wrecking Ball lol It went viral for a 'not so musical reason' ;) )

As for my opinion of the performance in itself without comparing, no comments.

Sorry Mahesh, my comment was meant kind of playfully ...we all have our own tastes and there's something about this cover that really rubs me up the wrong way, but I suppose partly it's because I rarely enjoy covers. At least she's put her own spin on it, but I just don't like that spin...it's not to my taste.

I actually think Wrecking Ball is a very good pop song. I've never listened deeply to it and I've only heard it a couple of times (I don't listen to current pop radio) but the song has definitely got a great hook and a fair bit of power. I mean I wouldn't listen to it out of choice because it doesn't speak to me, but I think it's well done. I do see the good in songs like that, and I'd lump in other artists like Katey Perry too...not my cup of tea but they're not bad songs and they're done well. IF Miley wrote Wrecking Ball, by herself (or had a really major part in that and the arrangement etc), then respect to her....more respect than for taking somebody else's song and messing with it :)

Edited by MonoStone

• Editors
On 05/10/2016 at 3:55 PM, MonoStone said:

Sorry Mahesh, my comment was meant kind of playfully ...we all have our own tastes and there's something about this cover that really rubs me up the wrong way, but I suppose partly it's because I rarely enjoy covers. At least she's put her own spin on it, but I just don't like that spin...it's not to my taste.

I actually think Wrecking Ball is a very good pop song. I've never listened deeply to it and I've only heard it a couple of times (I don't listen to current pop radio) but the song has definitely got a great hook and a fair bit of power. I mean I wouldn't listen to it out of choice because it doesn't speak to me, but I think it's well done. I do see the good in songs like that, and I'd lump in other artists like Katey Perry too...not my cup of tea but they're not bad songs and they're done well. IF Miley wrote Wrecking Ball, by herself (or had a really major part in that and the arrangement etc), then respect to her....more respect than for taking somebody else's song and messing with it :)

Haha, That sounds fair enough Dek. :) I hear ya.