Your Ad Could Be Here

Fox On The Run

One of the things folks over at SongFight do for the holidays is a side-fight called the "Gift of Music" where it's sorta like a secret santa gift exchange, but with covers. You write down 4 songs that you'd like to receive a cover of as a gift, it gets put into a hat, and each participant draws from the hat. Of the four songs we received, we chose to cover Sweet's Fox On The Run.

We worked on this song for what seemed like a month. I got really tired of singing the original somewhat misogynistic lyrics, so I *cough* altered them slightly. I hope ya like it!

Thanks for listening Rob!

Our nerdy Ska stylings snuffed a lot of the Rock out of this song, I can see why you might want some of it back. The pounding verse riffs, the synth lead, and the great harmonized lead guitars are all elements we threw away. We figured if we tried to sound like Sweet we'd fall on our face and it'd be embarrassing, so we went a different way.

Well, If I never had heard or knew of the original version, I would say this is good and enjoyable. Unfortunately it's one of my all-time favorite tunes and has some good meanings and memories for me so I too have a skewed vision. This version seems like the balls were chopped off of the original. LOL :) But again, it's because it's one of my favs. It's performed well and I do like that you made it your own so really overall it's a kudos and good job even though it may not sound like it. Was this for the competition?

@Just1L: Heh, I think that neutering is what happens when total geeks cover muscular classic rock tunes. Although we didn't wear glitter or silver hot pants at any point in the process, which might have helped. No competition on this one, just a fun thing folks over on the SongFight forums do around the holidays every year.

Archived