Your Ad Could Be Here

Travel Guitars?

I was thinking of getting a more compact guitar as a full-size guitar in a hard case takes up a lot of space when I want to take it with me in the car when I go on holiday. I was looking around for something that wasn't too expensive (say under £200) as I'm already in the market for another full-size but last time I looked at reviews and prices it looked like a good compact guitar was going going to cost as much as a half decent full-size and I'm not ready to buy two good guitars right now - maybe a

If I go here for instance the Gremlins are cheap but I've seen good reviews for both the Traveler and the Escape - anyone got any of these? May be I should just buy a good quality compact and use it as my main guitar - feels wrong to me.

My sister lives in France and has a beautiful place where I really would like to go and stay and write/finish some songs off. The original idea was to buy a compact guitar and leave it there but at £400 for a Traveler I won't want to do that as I'll only see it once a year perhaps. Maybe something like a Gremlin would do the trick.

Neil

:) Have a look at this.

Oddly enough in the past week I was looking at a silent Yamaha violin for my daughter and was confused as I didn't know about these silent instrument ranges - I was actually looking for an electric violin. I don't know if silent is what I want, I just wanted compact and not too expensive so I can take it with me and maybe leave it in France.

Alistair - you're right - a compromise is on the cards. It would still be useful to get a recommendation. The shop I linked to is actually not that far away from where I live and I have 2 weeks off now so, as I'm already looking for another guitar and I have to go to Manchester next week I'll pop in as they have a few to look at. Never having played one of these thin body things I don't know what they sound of feel like.